I teach HOW TO UTILIZE GRADUATED DRIVER’S LICENSING LAWS EFFECTIVELY to parents and teens through a local hospital program. Here are five important facts to know for Parents and Teens-
- The pre-frontal cortex of a human brain becomes functional at the age of 12-13 and does not reach full maturity until the mid-late 20’s; a portion does not fully mature until around age 40
- The pre-frontal cortex of a human brain is responsible for judgment, logic, reason and decision-making
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens
- The vast majority of teen car crashes occur because of driving inexperience and immaturity
- 61% of teens who die in car crashes were riding with a teenage driver
Visit HERE to download a GDL Handbook. And, please tell your teen to put the cell phone in the glove compartment while driving. In Oregon, a 19 yr. old college student needlessly died on the w/e of February 19, 2011 due to texting while driving.
The ‘Snug Hug’ charm to remind a teen driver to buckle up and not text while driving Snug Hug Charm and a gift that says I love you!